Not Cho Cheese
Adapted from Shmooed Food.
"We believe the recipe is adapted from Something To Shout About by Donna Green-Goodman."
This is an alternative to a newer recipe for cheeze sauce.
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. raw cashews
- 2 oz. roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. or more ground cumin
- 2 oz. can chopped green chilis
- tabasco, jalapeno sauce, cayenne pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients except green chilis, tabasco, jalapeno and cayenne pepper. Blend in blender until completely smooth. Transfer mixture to a medium saucepan and whisk constantly over medium heat until thickened, about 5 to 6 minutes.
Stir in green chilis. Taste. Add tabasco, jalapeno sauce and cayenne to desired spiciness.
Serve as a dip with tortilla chips
Makes about 1 1/2 cups.